Easy Ways To Declutter Your Home
When preparing a house for sale, we always tell our clients to edit. This can be a very difficult process. It is hard to determine what to keep and what to take away. We find that living in an organized, and decluttered space is very helpful in our day-to-day lives, and found a great article outlining the best ways to declutter your space, whether you are moving, or are looking for more organization. In the article, “Five Ways to Declutter Your Home” by Sydney Savion, she outlines some helpful tips on how to organize your home:
“Do you feel liberated when you enter your home? Do you have things you do not use? Are all of your belongings scattered all over your house? Do you feel disorganized both inside and out?
Home Clutter Unveiled
Clutter and disorganization often flow to and from one another. Karen Kingston, author of Clear your Clutter with Feng Shui, defines clutter in four categories:
Things you do not use or love
Things that are untidy or disorganized
Too many things in too small a space
“…Five Tips to Declutter Your Home
Clutter is often a by-product of an overwhelming and busy life. Here are five tips to declutter your home to help you live a blissful life.
- Slow down. Life can be chaotic. Take notice of your surroundings.
- Designate an inbox spot. Pick a spot for important and junk mail.
- Give away. Identify things you don’t love and donate them.
- Ask a friend to help. Invite a friend to help you get organized.
- Rearrange furniture. Position your furniture so your home feels open…”
To read the full article, please click here.